Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday


I have never ever gone shopping on Black Friday, for good reason, but this year I decided to give it a shot. After my Thansgiving festivities out in Avondale I came home to Tempe and joined Blake in camping out in front of Frys Electronics. He got there around 5:30 pm on thursday, I got there around 7ish. We played cards, rode our longboards around the lot, watched a movie, did some scripture study and drank a ton of hot chocolate. Jon got there around midnight and we all just chilled on the air mattress, literally, because it was freezing outside. Frys opened up at 530am and it was a madhouse! We were in the front of the line so I was in and out pretty quickly, I wasn't going for anything big anyways, I just got a stereo for my car. Blake on the other hand, did like all of his Christmas shopping and had a cart full of goodies. I had a fun time hanging out all night with the boys, I wasn't really there to shop. The downside is that I have been really sick the past two days from being out in the cold. I had to call in sick to work today and have been in bed allll day. I think I am almost better, so hopefully I will be able to make it to church and to sing in the choir concert tomorrow night at 7. For now, I will continue watching all the Disney movies I own and rest.

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I loved that you had the "Black Friday" experience... and I didn't! You are a crazy girl! I guess that is why we all love you!

Anonymous said...

i didnt do the overnight thing untill 2007. i got to best buy at 5pm, was #93 in line, got the LAST computer i came for! i was by myself :( but my friend brought me food and hot coco and stayed a few hours...
i didnt get done till about 630am and went STRAIT to work... and oh ya i went there right after work the day before :p

so that friday night i went home and crashed so i didnt get to enjoy my comuter :(

but wow i saved so much money!!!!!