Monday, November 10, 2008

My Absolute Best

Last week at work my store manager, Jon, took me into the backroom to show me a movie. I was thinking it was going to be some kind of training video from the company about "tomato coverage" or how to count the safe, but I was totally wrong, and was so touched by the clip I was shown from the movie "Facing the Giants", which I had never seen before.



As I watched this movie I couldn't help but cry, yep in front of all the associates who were working at the time, in front of my managers, I just stood there and cried. What stuck in my head about the movie was not what my boss had intended, which is that I have an impact on the other associates and need to be giving my "absolute best", but that Heavenly Father is right there with us, every step of the way. When times get so hard and we think we can't take one more step, He is right there telling us to go just a little further. He sees the divine potential in each of us, and knows what we can become. Although right now, it may seem impossible to go even 50 yards in our journey, Heavenly Father is slowly but surely leading us to the endzone. It was funny because after the movie my boss mentioned something about us both being Christians and about how just as God knows how much potential I have, he also knows that as a manager I have huge potential that I just don't see within myself. My boss is always telling me to have more confidence in myself and that I need to push myself. After watching this clip, I know that I need to be giving my "absolute best" at work, at home, at church, with friends and family, in good times, in bad times, and will make a conscious effort to do so.

4 comments:

Mike said...

brought a smile to my worn out paled face from the past two days, which isn't easy to do.

:)

Anonymous said...

I am glad this clip made you cry in a happy way. It's wonderful that you can find Heavenly Father's love in so many aspects of your life.

Please remember to never show this to me, even if I desperately need motivation. It makes me want to cry in a very unhappy way.

Lyndee said...

Oh I love this movie! It made me cry too! Very motivational!

Anonymous said...

ive seen this one before, it is a good video, has many lessons all ties into it