Thursday, December 4, 2008

"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep"

Tonight the ASU Institute Choir, myself included, sang at the Mesa Temple, and it was probably one of the most joyous nights of my life. I had invited my family, my mom, dad, sister, and grandmother, to come listen to me sing, and all had committed but only my mom showed up. We rode together and got there a bit early so I took her around the visitor's center. This may surprise you, since I come off as being very missionary-minded, but my family knows very very little about the church and what I know to be true. It was difficult in the beginning for them the accept my conversion so I thought it best to not bring up the topic, so they wouldn't feel like I am pressuring them to convert or that I am "brainwashing" them. Anyways, my mom and I watched the movie in the visitor's center, God's plan for His family. If you have heard my conversion story, you know this movie plays a huge role, when I visited the temple visitor's center a few years ago I had watched this movie and felt the spirit very strongly for the very first time in my life, and it was this instance that led to me take the missionary discussions. Back to the present, at the end of the movie the sister missionary was talking to my mom and I and learned that I was the only member, having been baptized about 1.5 years ago, and also, to my shame, learned that my mom didn't even know what the Book of Mormon is. After talking a little bit the sister missionary asked my mom if she would like the missionaries to come to her house and share a message with her so that she could learn more about what her daughter believes.....and.....she said YES! This has been my fervent prayer ever since I joined the church, that my family would have the same opportunity that I had to learn about this amazing, true gospel. I don't know how I did it, but I held my composure until I walked into the room where the choir was practicing.Once I was out of my mom's sight I felt the most overwhelming feeling of joy imaginable and tears streamed down my smiling face. I am overjoyed that I will soon be able to sit down with the elders and talk to my mom about the church and bear my testimony. My Heavenly Father loves me and has heard and answered my constant prayer. I am so grateful to Him and love Him so much. I feel like I am on top of the world and that my life couldn't possibly get any better.

6 comments:

Lyndee said...

WOW WOW WOW! That is amazing! Yeah for the Lord, Mommy, and Christmas. Hard work and prayers really do pay off! congrats on doing an amazing job too singing!

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!! Madi, I am seriously sosososo excited for you and your mom!!!! I know how happy you must be right now, this is amazing!! You have to keep me updated!!

Anonymous said...

Madison this is such wonderful and amazing news. My heart is full of happiness, not only because your family is going to listen but also because I know how much it means to you. I love you and I am incredibly happy about this.

Anonymous said...

Madi, this made my day:)
You are absolutely amazing and this is nothing but exactly what our kind, gracious heavenly father wanted and how much he loves you! You are the single most beautiful girl I know, I love you and am so happy for you!

Brady & Alexes Brown said...

ahhhhhhhhhh!! I so happy for you! This is sooooo cool! you need to teach me your ways.... :)

Megan Allen said...

Madi that's awesome! I knew you could do it! Love ya girl!