Monday, November 17, 2008

November

I am going to officially declare November the month of Baptism. Within our ward I can think of 6 baptisms that occured this month. Derek, Mo, Rebecca, Jeff in the previous weeks, and Adam and Ryan this upcoming saturday. I am not really aquainted yet with Derek, Ryan, or Adam, but I feel particularly close to Mo, Rebecca and Jeff. Witnessing their conversion and how much they have changed, mainly how happy they have become, has been a tremendous blessing in my life. I feel like when I am around them that my own testimony grows and I know I am learning so much from these amazing new members. Mo has taught me to live life with passion, to be excited about everything and to enjoy every second of every day. Rebecca has taught me to always wear a smile and to have a positive attitude, this girl is NEVER angry or upset, ever, and when I think of her I think that I have no excuse for being cranky or thinking that my lot is hard, I should be smiling and "finding joy in the journey" as the prophet said. Jeff has taught me the importance of deep study. He loves the scriptures and studies them so much, I think from Jeff I have learned to truly appreciate the scripture and what a blessing it is to have them with me at all times and at such convenience. Attending all three of their baptism was an amazing experience, especially because each of them had a lot of support from their families. When I was baptized my family chose not to attend, I wish they would have but am not upset or angry about that, but seeing how supportive their parents were made me so happy for these new members. Rebecca's sweet parents had even mentioned how proud they were of Rebecca for her decision. Even though they don't have a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel they could see how important baptism was for her and what a huge decison she was making and were fully supportive. :)

I am so completely overjoyed that November is not the end of the baptism fever that is spreading in Tempe! For the last couple of weeks a friend that I work with has been taking the lessons at my apartment, and today the elders committed her to be baptized on Dec. 6th! We are all so excited for her! It has been amazing for me to watch her grow and change as she learns about the gospel and the perfect plan that Heavenly Father has for all of his children! I love this gospel and know, more than I know of anything else, that it is 100% true and that it is the church of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

KP said...

wow madison you have such a strong testimony! you're amazing! i like seeing you every now and then on campus...maybe we should hang out sometime ya? haha...see you soon! :)

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

Oh Miss Madison! I seriously teared up when I read this. You are amazing, I've learned so much from you...and I am sososo happy for your friend!!! Ahh, so exciting!!!

Lyndee said...

Yeah I loved this month too! GO baptisims!