Saturday, August 2, 2008

My calves are killing me

This past Thursday was moving day..ugh. I love the fact that I live with Ash and Katie now, but gosh it was a total pain moving! I had to take two trips from my old apartment to the new one to move all of my stuff and yes, my calves are killing me from going up and down the stairs and I have bruises on my arms from carrying boxes, ha ha, I swear I am not a total wimp. So after everyone leaves Ash says to me, "Madi I have a huge surprise, close your eyes." I walk outside to our front door and see this



My reaction: "No way, we have to move that, or someone will totally egg our front door." haha so we put it in front of our patio door outside. I am seriously not afraid to tell people that I am mormon but to just display it like that is like asking for persecution ha ha, maybe I think this way because I am the only member in my family and I have to kind of be on guard and prepped for persecution, but come on, you know someone would like spray paint profanities on that door mat just to spite us!

Our apartment is totally trashed right now with boxes and junk but I know it will come together really nicely!




Get excited ladies and gents because this is going to be the ultimate lds party place next year. We have already discussed several theme ideas.. and they will be off the chain, fo sho. I am sooooo excited! Let me know if you have any fun ideas!

So funny story, Ash and I went out to get clothes for an 80's party (will post documentation of party later) and just run some errands and when we get home we realized that Ashley's bedroom door is locked, and everything we need to get ready for the party is in her room. Crap. We called the emergency maintenance line and apparantly they don't handle lock outs, we tried to break in with a bobby pin, I then proceeded to remove the door handle with a screw driver, which made us even more confused at what to do because the part of the door that actually opens the door was on the inside of the room. Next step, we said a prayer for help, because whenever we ask for like mechanical help Heavenly Father ALWAYS fixes things..I swear He dabbles in mechanics in His spare time. Then we called my Dad for help and he is pretty much a genius..I tell him the situation and he says the most obvious solution. "Why don't you just unscrew the handle on your door, stick it in Ashley's door and turn the handle?" So I unscrewed the handle, walked to Ash's door, put in my door handle, turned, and voila. Ash and I started screaming with joy, with my Dad still on the phone (he thought we were mechanically retarded, yet hilarious, he laughed the whole time we were on the phone).




I am so exhausted, and stressed, and sore, yet unbelievably happy. Last night was the most fun amazing night ever..I will put up a post soon, the pictures are hilarious.

Love you all!
Madi

2 comments:

Katie said...

HAHA wow. I can tell we're going to have an interesting year. :D

Kara Staples said...

Lol. That is one awesome doormat. It'll be sure to drive any doorbell-ditchers away. :) I sure hope I'm invited to these rad parties you're already planning to have!