Saturday, August 23, 2008

Arm Burns and Cheese Pants

School is most definitely back, along with the thousands of ASU students who love to eat In N Out Burger. On friday night I worked the closing shift from 5 pm to 2 am and I pretty much cooked the entire time, and today I worked from 11 am to 9 pm, and I cooked for the entire shift. Wow. My back is killing me, I am exhausted, and covered in new grill/cheese burns, ugh! I forgot how busy we are during the school year and am just overwhelmed by the lines out the door without ceasing. The one good thing about how much business we are getting is that the shifts go by ridiculously fast. I am also glad that I work with such amazing people, and that we can laugh and joke almost all day long in order to keep our spirits up amidst the stress and often cranky and/or completely drunk customers.

On a positive note, I was talking to my manager about how I will be needing an extra day off this semester so that I can volunteer at a school for my major, and he said that his wife is a third grade teacher at a school on broadway and stapley and that he would ask her if I could volunteer in her room! I have been so stressed about finding a good place to volunteer and finding the time to do so, I am so thankful that my manager cares about his associates outside of their work situations and is willing to help me with my school requirements.



I had to take a picture of my work pants last night because I have never seen them ever ever get this messy. I don't think you can tell but there are random pieces of melted cheese all over them, a big grease patch on my right thigh from where I lean against the grill, and a big blotch of spread on my left leg. Mmmm doesn't this make you want to eat a burger?! Ew.



Ah the new burns. The big one on top happened today sometime, I didn't even notice it until I got my break and started to feel the burning. The other ones are from this week, and there are like 4 that aren't visible because one is on my finger, one is on my other arm, one on my elbow, etc. Wow my arms will be COVERED in scars by the time I quit In N Out!

Love,
Madi

1 comment:

The Parks Family said...

Oh my goodness...you need to settle it down at work. No more burns!!!