Monday, August 25, 2008

LDH, MTE, GPH rule my MWF

First day back at ASU. I wasn't too excited to be back but am pleasantly surprised that so far my classes seem really fun and interesting, and I may be capable of getting A's in both of them, yay! I sure need the gpa boost. My first class was institute, my favorite, I had Latter-Day Hymns with Bro. Calton and it was sooooo cool! He is such a smart man and I learned so much about how the hymns tie in with specific doctrines, and I really just have a higher appreciation for the hymns, after only one class period! By the end of the semester you won't be able to stop me from singing them aloud at all times :)

My next class was Math for Elem. Teachers, which seems to be relatively easy..learning how to teach kids addition and such. My teacher seems really cool/nice AND Abby Christian is in this class with me! So that automatically means a good time. Funny story. So I was walking down the hall in the life sciences building and in walks Abby, "HEEEEEEEY are you going to 302?!" "YES! Wow we have a class together!" We walk into 302 and it is pretty much a storage room, ha ha, so we looked at our schedules and realized that we were supposed to go to PHYSICAL sciences not LIFE sciences, and I am just amazed that at the exact same moment in time Abby and I made the same mistake and went to the same incorrect classroom. Wow. Eventually we did creep in late to the correct classroom, but she had just barely began tlaking so she was ok with it.

Next and final class for the day was Intro. to Geography, which sounded horrifically boring when I signed up, and now seems incredibly cool! Abby is also in this class with me too! My teacher is a riot, I was laughing so much in class today, and the things he plans on teaching sound so interesting, I am pretty excited to learn more about our planet and mainly about sustainability and how I can keep the Earth in good shape for my posterity :)

School is now over for the day, so of course, I am off to work for the night!

Love,
Madi

2 comments:

Kara Staples said...

1. I'm so jealous that you get to do latter-day hymns with Brother Calton.

2. Do you have Beth Newhouse for MTE? She's such a good instructor. Regardless, you'll love that class, you learn a ton of different games to help teach your students math concepts. Oh and you get to play with pattern blocks and color and make file folders... it's really fun.

3. I took GPH111 over the summer. I thought the same thing going into that class. I really didn't want to have to endure a boring class, but surprisingly, it was really cool! I learned some pretty cool stuff and definitely don't think of the earth the same anymore! What book do you need for that class, because I still have the book we used, and I'd be happy to lend it to you for the semester!

It was sooooo incredibly good to see you today! I've missed you!

Camille Elise said...

What do you want to teach?? I'm in the teaching program at ASU and i took MTE 180/181 a couple semesters ago... :)