Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Several things caused me to laugh today, and I mean really laugh. It felt great. So I want you to feel great too when you read about them.

1. While I was gallavanting around the LDS Institute I left my binder and longboard at one of the tables where my friends were sitting. When I returned to my things I noticed a note had been inserted into the clear part of my binder. I have a quote on my binder that says, "A woman's heart should be so lost in Christ that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her." I really like this quote and think it helps me keep focused on trying to be like the Savior and improving the relationship I have with Him instead of worrying about stupid boys ;) Anyways, I come back to my binder and find a piece of paper had been inserted next to the quote that read "But no matter which path he chooses, any man is likely to get lost trying to find a woman's heart". Oh those silly boys. It made me laugh though.

2. Today I went to the temple, and since I usually go around the same time every tuesday I feel pretty comfortable with the temple workers that normally work that shift. So, on my way out of the baptistry I asked Brother Peterson, the Baptistry Cooridinator, "Why do the towels smell like glazed doughnuts?" After a a good chuckle, Bro. Peterson went and grabbed a towel out of the locker room and smelled it, then had all of the other temple workers smell the towel. None of them agreed with me! Even my own friend Abby sided with them and said it just smelled like a towel! Then the Brother at the front desk said it must be the spirit telling me to eat some doughnuts! I am telling you, every week I go to the temple the towels smell like glazed doughnuts!! Ii am positive that they are using Krisy Kreme brand fabric softener. So myself and all of the Baptistry workers shared a hearty laugh today and it was awesome.

3. At work I have a manager named David who is very funny, mainly in a teasing kind of way. It is very common for him to sing "Madi Madi Bo Badi Banana Fanna Fo FATTY" whenever I am working, and we all just laugh. Today, however, he told another associate today that he took my place as the fatty, so I decided to sing, "Niko Niko Bo Biko...FATTTTYYY!" That is exactly what I said. I didn't really sing much of the song, since his name wouldn't work anyway, but I still wanted to get my point across. But everyone working, included myself and Niko, were just laughing so hard for a good 5 minutes. It felt so good to be enjoying work and laughing with my co-workers.

If you see me sometime soon, make me laugh, and I will love you forever and always.

1 comment:

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

Madi, you're amazing! Thanks for making me laugh. :] I love you!!