Monday, January 5, 2009

Finally Finished

I was reading a friend of mine's blog and she made a list of 100 things she wanted to do before she died, and it was really neat, so I am copying her and making my own list!

1. Learn to play the piano and play the hymns regularly in my home
2. Serve a mission (either full-time or couples mission later, not quite sure what my plan is yet)
3. Go to primary and learn all of the songs, hopefully once I have a family I can either go with my kids or will get a primary calling
4. Go a whole year without missing a month of Visiting Teaching, I have the hardest time with it!
5. Get good at playing my guitar, right now I am pretty weak sauce at it.
6. Get sealed for time and all eternity in the Mesa Temple
7. Fall in love and stay that way forever. I want to still be holding my husband's hand when I am 40,60,80, and forever after that.
8. Go to Ireland and see all of the greeeeeen. I want to roll down the hills, visit the castles, do some intense family history research, and find a leprechaun.
9. Go to France and see the Eifel Tower, go to the Louvre, ride a vespa, and eat some yummy foreign food.
10. Raise children who have strong testimonies of the gospel and who will be able to teach me how to be a better person.
11. Go camping! I know, tragic, but I think this one will happen in the next year.
12. Go snowboarding, also semi-tragic, I can't help it that I didn't have a childhood ;)
13. Be an example to EVERYONE of the gospel of Jesus Christ..and thus baptize the world..ok maybe just lead several good friends, co-workers, and family members to baptism.
14. Buy a house and decorate it, with my husband's help, and make it look super duper cute, yet organized and functional.
15. Have a tree house in my backyard.
16. Learn how to can and have the most bomb-diggity food storage
17. Meet my great-grandchildren, which also translates to: live til I am old, real old., ha ha.
18. Get a massive chunk of my family history/temple work done, and be able to do the ordinances for family members in the temple with my children.
20. Have a week of total seclusion from the world, my husband would be able to come, but that's it. Out in the middle of nowhere in a cabin with no tv, computer, or cell phones
21. Run a marathon.
22. See a musical on Broadway.
23. Have a big Mormon Road Trip, hit up SLC, Adam-ondi-Ahman, Nauvoo, Sacred Grove, etc.
24. Learn Spanish.
25. Learn Sign Language.
26. Send out all of my children on missions.
27. Be able to make and eat a sit-down dinner almost every night with my future family.
28. Go to every temple in the United States, and some out of the country as well.
29. Play with my kids. I can't wait to meet them one day and just have fun with them. I bet they will be pretty cool.
30. Write something, a book, a poem, a song, a haiku, whatever, just something.
31. Keep a journal, but keep it secret until I die, then I could care less who reads it.
32. Jump in a gigantic pile of Autumn leaves.
33. Have a huge garden, half with vegetables and other yum yums, and half with flowers and other pretty things.
34. Have a porch with a swing and a view, where I can sit and think or read in the evenings.
35. Buy lunch for a homeless person. I have always wanted to do this, but fear that I would be endangering my life, some of the homeless people in Tempe are pretty scary.
36. Go to my mother's baptism.
37. Go to my father's baptism.
38. Go to my sister's baptism.
39. Go to my children's baptisms.
40. Come up with my own 100% orginal recipe, and keep my recipe a secret.
41. Have a huge library in my house, just like the one in Beauty and the Beast
42. Learn how to sew.
43. Meet the prophet.
44. Attend the temple with all of my children.
45. Make lots of home movies with my future family.
46. Keep in touch with all of the amazing friends I have currently, forever!
47. Drive less. I want to be able to bike, walk, and light rail more.
48. Walk through Central Park.
49. Make my own family traditions.
50. Get in shape and stay in shape, I definitely do not want to "let go" of myself, ever.
51. Listen to my children sing primary songs when they are young.
52. Get my Teaching Certification
53. Get a Master's Degree
54. Live in another state.
55. Kiss someone in the rain.
56. Be serenaded by a gorgeous boy with a song that was written just for me. :)
57. Ride a train.
58. Go to Jerusalem and walk where Jesus walked.
59. Be best friends with my little sister. We don't get along that great right now, but I am working on it, and hope one day we can be BFF's.
60. After all the movies have been released, have a Harry Potter marathon and watch all 7 in one sitting.
61. Ride a tandem bike.
62. Be 100% debt-free, I am sure this won't be until I am very old, but it's worth a shot.
63. Retire, then travel the world with my husband.
64. Be a Grandma and spoil my grandkids rotten.
65. Paint a picture worthy to adorn a wall in my home.
66. Ride a horse.
67. Go to Washington D.C. and see all of the historic monuments and such.
68. Grow apple, orange, and pears trees in my backyard.
69. Learn how to ballroom dance.
70. Take my family on awesome family vacations as often as possible. We rarely did family vacations growing up, so this will be really important for me to do with my own family.
71. Sing alone in front of a crowd.
72. Act in something. I did drama in 7th/8th grade and loved it. I don't know why I stopped but wish I hadn't.
73. Go to a high school reunion. I don't really have an option, since I was senior class pres. I have to plan all the reunions...ew.
74. Read as many books as possible.
75. Host a Murder Mystery party. This year perhaps?
76. Make a scrapbook of my family.
77. Have a family reunion!
78. Go on a hike in the Salt Lake Valley.
79. Have a secret room in my house, like a mystery room that can only be opened if I pull an old green book off of my huge book case.
80. Bake sugar cookies every Christmas.
81. Read the scriptures with my family every night.
82. Pull off an amazing, intricately planned practical joke.
83. Attend General Conference!
84. Dye my hair a ridiculous color...not all of my hair, but like put a streak of purple in it or something crazy.
85. Read "Jesus the Christ"
86. Make my kids' Halloween costumes. My mom always hand made mine and they looked so cool, so hopefully I can carry on that tradition.
87. Make a quilt, one that will put those Amish quilts to shame.
88. Go on a Disney Cruise.
89. Lay in a hammock on a secluded beach beneath a palm tree.
90. Plan and participate in a massive scavenger hunt with a group of friends.
91. Go to Latin America and see the Myan Temples.
92. Lay in a field of sunflowers and look at the clouds.
93. Come up with an analogy and use it in a church talk/lesson.
94. Give a random stranger a big hug.
95. Overcome my fear of guns by shooting one, at a shooting range of course.
96. Turn an everyday situation, like work, into a musical, where my friends and I dance and sing about the situation at hand.
97. Bear my testimony in a foreign language.
98. Be in the Easter Pageant at the temple grounds.
99. Read all of the Standard Works from beginning to end.
100. Never let one day pass without a smile. Find the good in each day and enjoy my life to the very end.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha omgosh! that is a really good list! The Disney Cruise is AWESOME!

Lyndee said...

WOW! haha that is fun! 100 is a lot to think of, Good luck to all of them!

Anonymous said...

wow i could never think of 100 things, thats a good 100 things!

and i LOVE the song!!!!!!

Annie said...

Hurray for #25! I will help you :)

Kara Staples said...

I LOVE it Madison! :)

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

That is an amazing list!! I love #34, I've always wanted that, too!

bradleyjohn said...

I'm really just excited about the secret room in your house. That sounds amazingly awesome.

Kissing in the rain is sweet.

And if you would like, Tyler and I will take you shooting sometime with us. We are very safe : )