Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dear Fall 2008..

I Hate Your Stinking Guts

I am so glad that I never have to see you ever again

I hate how you made me lose countless hours of much needed sleep

I hate how you made me have classes every stinkin' day instead of only twice a week like last semester! Can't I have a schedule that is more accommodating to my needs, that will allow me to work during the day and have a life at night? ugh.

I hate how your Geography lecture was intensely boring and even when I did try and pay attention, none of your stupid geographical jargon made sense to me and therefore made me feel like an idiot.

Why did you make me take Educational Psychology when the teacher just read powerpoints for an hour while I napped upon my desk? I am grateful for the GPA boost regardless of the fact that I learned absolutely nothing, the A is much appreciated.

I did enjoy, however, your Improvisation with Youth course and will really miss all the people in that class and making super fun, interactive lesson-plans. Thank you for teaching me to have fun and be myself.

Thank you for making me join institute choir, or for inspiring Bro. Hofeling to make me join. Without choir I never would have gained the confidence to sing loud and proud anywhere and everywhere, even though I kind of suck, and to really learn to love music and the power behind music and the hymns. Without choir I wouldn't have taken my mother to the temple visitor's center, and she wouldn't have been invited to take the missionary lessons, and I wouldn't be as extremely happy as I am now.

Thank you for my new living situation and my amazing roommates. They have taught me so much about love and friendship, and are amazing examples to me. They also have taught me so much about myself, many things I was unwilling to learn but am glad that I did. I would like to thank them for teaching me to ask for help and to let other people take care of me when I need it, for staying up til 3 am reading general conference addresses/scriptures, watching cheesy mormon movies, hanging up pictures/coat racks/shutters at odd hours of the night, cooking dinner all the time when I am too lazy to do so, washing the dishes way more than I ever did, holding me and listening when things were tough and rejoicing with me when life was at its best, and most of all for being the best friends I have ever had and for helping me to see what kind of person I want to be and growing towards being that person. I love them both more than they could understand.

hmm..Fall 2008..maybe you weren't so bad after all. Maybe you provided situations for me that allowed me to grow and develop, to see what is really important in life, family, friends, being yourself, and having fun. Maybe I had more fun this semester than I can ever remember having in my whole life. Maybe I gained so many new friends and memories that I will never ever forget. Maybe I will miss you just a little bit. I hope my new friend, Spring 2009, will treat me well and give me as much joy, growth, and memories as you have. Please tell Spring that I hate boring lectures, stupid group projects and that I want to get straight A's this time, I know that's a stretch, but it was worth a try. Thanks for everything.

Love,
Madison

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's about how my educational psychology class at BYU was, except the prof also required us to comment at least once on something each class period, for which we were graded. Totally stupid! Do I remember one thing I learned from that class...not a one! I do remember that the prof married my ex-boyfriend's sister, though...

Katie said...

Madi, you are amazing! You are MY example. Thanks for being an awesome, spontaneous, Spiritual, funny, helpful, brilliant roommate!

Lyndee said...

haha I think you definetly gave fall 2008 a pieace of your mind there, haha jk! Mine was so crazy too! But I met you in it so of coarse it was amazing!

JennaK said...

oops, I just noticed that I wrote before as Corey, that was really me, Jenna.