Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am trying so hard not to get caught up

Ok I know it has been forever and a day since I have written on here, BUT I have been intensely busy and I feel like this is the first time I have sat down without homework in front of me in weeks. Ummm where to start? All I have basically been doing is work work work, but I sneak in some sleep every now and then. I was feeling sick at the beginning of the week and missed some classes so I could rest up and recover. Monday night was pretty amazing.. I brought my friend Tara from work to the friendship dinner, we had planned on hanging out that night so I suggested some free food. Over dinner she was asking some questions about the church so I brought the missionaries over to help out since I am not the best with words. At one point I got up to go get dessert, came back to sit down and heard Tara and the elders making an appointment for her to take the first missionary lesson this sunday at my apartment! I am so excited that she wants to learn more about the church and from what I see she is way excited too! At work she is always saying she can't wait until sunday, and neither can I.
Had a Geography test on wednesday..oh boy.. I have no idea how bad I did but if I got below a C then I don't think I will be passing that class this semester, which is really freaking me out. I have straight A's in all my other classes, but for some reason the material in my geography class just makes zero sense to me.
Tuesday I had a hilarious experience in my "Improvisation with Youth" class. Our teacher told us to find our own space in the room and to stand as if we have a 50 pound tail. Then we are informed that the monster we have become can only make little kitten noises. Then we learn that we also have severe body lice. Imagine what 20 students looked like walking around the classroom playing that character. Our teacher posed questions to us such as, "what does your monster look like in love? How does you monster walk when it's sad? How does your monster sleep?" After this monster we were transformed into a monster that has a 50 pound beard, hands that cannot leave the ground, and litte wings that don't lift us very far off the ground but are continually flapping. Interesting class, let me tell ya.
Tomorrow is Halloween and can you just guess where I will be? Yep, you guessed it, working from 5pm to 2am. Ugh. At least there are a lot of fun people working tomorrow night so hopefully we can make it a fun time. I am going to bring in a bunch of cookies to cheer everyone up.
I am addicted to a new song. "'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless..." I want to be fearless. I admit that there are not many things I truly fear, like in a way that it would affect me, but I do wish I could take more risks and maybe put myself out on a limb more often. I am such a chicken and need to learn to be fearless, in my career/education choices, at my job, with boys ;), and most of all with myself. I know who I want to become but am always unwilling to take risk, or do anything that is out of character and that stops my progression, so my new mission is to be more fearless.

1 comment:

Brady & Alexes Brown said...

You are awesome!!! I'm so glad I found your blog! We need to be friends :)