Monday, October 13, 2008

A Picture can say 1,000 words

That is how I feel after tonight's fireside. Tonight I was fortunate enough to listen to Greg Olsen, the guy who painted most of the picture of Christ we see within the church, and loved hearing him speak on how close he grew to the Savior as he painted. He worked very hard at asking questions and trying to think of what Jesus was really like and some of the things he learned and spoke of were just so precious to me.



With this picture he described Christ teaching the child, mainly about our divine potential. A caterpillar could never know what beautiful things genetics had in store for it, that one day it would turn into a beautiful butterfly with wings to fly. So it is with us, that although it is impossible to see how divine and perfect we can and will be one day it is such a wonderful feeling to know that my Heavenly Father created me, knowing that one day this hunk of black coal could be refined into a beautiful diamond.





I think Greg Olsen does an amazing job at capturing the love that Jesus has for us and I can just feel my heart become so full of that love when I see these paintings.

No comments: