Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Ready, So Don't Stop Me

This week has been amazing so far..

1. I have woken up and attended all of my classes, have not fallen asleep in any class and have even participated! I raised my hand, asked questions, made comments and am feeling great about my classes.

2.I went to the Buffalo Exchange and bought a dress and a pair for jeans for a total of around twenty bucks! wwwooooo hoooo cheap clothes!!!

3.Jam session on Monday with Bro. Hofeling, he taught me how to play "Hey Ya" in a higher key so that I could sing it in soprano. My roommates are probably sick of me playing that song but I just love it! Plus it one of the few I can actually sing and play at the same time.

4. The weather. Wow. Just being outside and feeling a cool breeze and being able to wear a light sweater makes me the happiest girl in the world.

5. On saturday my boss sat me down and had a heart to heart with me, started rocky, ended great. He started by saying that he thinks I have a ton of potential that I don't see within myself and that I need to be more confident, that In-N-Out would be lucky to have me for a manager but that I need to push myself to be my best. He also said that I don't have to rush into management since he knows I am seriously considering a mission next fall, hopefully I would be able to do management when I get home. So, the good news is that he wants to give me my next promotion by Nov. 11th, so I really need to push myself but I know my managers are supporting me and I feel much more confident.

6. I put money into my savings account this week!! After paying my tuition this semester without the aid of scholarships or loans I found myself struggling to get back on track financially. I had 16.00 in savings, was living paycheck to paycheck, had more comsumer debt than I felt comfortable with. I have officially paid off all of my debt, school is paid for, credit card is paid off, and I was able to put a couple hundred bucks in savings this month! It feels so great to be on the road again to being financially stable.

7. I love love love my THP 311: Improvisation with Youth class. Last week I was given "pixie dust" and was transformed into a bumble bee, while other students were spiders, butterflies, etc., all bugs that were found in the children's book we were using to create lesson plans to. As a bumble bee I had a fantastic time flying around the room and stinging the other bugs hahaha. The student in charge of facilitating the class that date had a blast with 4 bumble bees soaring around stinging the other bugs, her shouting "BE NICE, we are all friends here at this tea party! We need to play nice with each other!" Love love love that class.

8. I just feel amazing, unstoppable, free, invincible, focused, and overall just really have been enjoying this week, which is weird because I have been dragging my feet so much this semester, but I am finding my usual pep getting back into my step. YAY! I get to be myself again!!

Love love love,
Madison

3 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

Oh Madison. You are so awesome. I am so glad we're friends.

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

I love you, Miss Madison, and I'm so glad we were reunited after all those years!!!

The Parks Family said...

I'm so happy for you...I know you function much better when your where you want to be. I love and miss you and think of you often.