Thursday, October 9, 2008

Serving the Elders

Many times within the church we are counseled to serve others, and I often hear to aid our missionaries. Well, my roommates and I decided to take action in this area and serve the elders from university second ward since they live in our apartment complex. We served them alright..one big batch of mischief. Elder Irving and Hillyard and us have had a little joke going on for a couple weeks about how we were going to play pranks on each others cars/apartments, and since Elder Hillyard was transferred on wednesday we wanted to really show him we were grateful for his service. On tuesday night around midnight, Katie, Ashley and I took 4 rolls of cling wrap and had one heck of a time wrapping up the elders car. We put a sign on the car that said "good luck hillyard", then wrapped over it, and we baked them cookies as a peace offering. We pretty much had a blast doing this but I was disappointed that it only took them roughly 2 minutes to take all of the cling wrap off. The Elders thought it was funny and had a good time with it I think. Overall I would say our mission was a success.





I would like to close by saying that cling wrap serves no other purpose beyond the covering of cars and other objects for the sake of mischief. Otherwise, I hate cling wrap. It never sticks to what you want it to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should've wrapped it under the car, that takes a million years to undo! You girls totally crack me up, I'm so glad I get to hear about all your antics!

Love you!