Sunday, April 20, 2008

She faced the morning unafraid and invincible

This week is totally kicking my butt! I have been so busy and lacking sleep that I am getting sick! UGH! So I had a really interesting experience last night (friday night). I was baby-sitting my manager's kids, they are LDS, there is a 5 year old, a 3 year old, a 1 year old and a 5 month old, oh boy were they a handful! I think this was a really good experience for me, even though i was totally exhausted after about an hour. I know that the greatest thing I will do on this Earth is be a good mother, and I really don't want anything other than that, once I am married of course, lol. For the first hour I was just so flustered, holding the baby in one arm (she would scream if I put her down) while getting the three older boys in their jammies, teeth brushed, book read, and prayers said, and was just so so so tired. After the boys had gotten into bed, they surely were not asleep until after I had told them another 3 times to plleeeeaaase go to sleep, I sat in the dark nursery in a rocking chair feeding the baby her bottle. It was at this moment that I thought wow, could I handle this on a daily basis? I was dead tired, my whole body ached, and I was struggling to keep myself awake while rocking the baby. All I had to do was look down into that gorgeous baby girl's eyes to know that yes, this is what I want one day, I could do this everyday. I know I am such a loser for being so sentimental about baby sitting but it was like a total wake up call that being a mom is not going to be all fun and games, but it will totally be worth it. Maybe the King's will let me baby-sit some more so I can get some practice in lol!

6 comments:

The Parks Family said...

You can always babysit my girlies if you need more practice...hehehe. Love you.

Travis Butterfield said...

ha ha. One good thing is that (unless you're a freak with like quintuplets or something) you start with just one kid at a time. So, it wouldn't be as overwhelming by the time you have four. So, that's always a good thing to remember.

Madison said...

natalie you know i would love to baby sit your amazing girls anytime! I love your family the mostest!

Anonymous said...

babysitting can sometimes be more exhausting because you don't always know their night routines, so it's harder to get them all to bed! oh man, somedays I miss little kids, and then somedays I'm glad I don't have any yet!

Anonymous said...

Madison! This was my life... every day/night.... for about nine years... you think I'm kidding... but I'm not! You're-a-gunna make a great momma!

Madison said...

lol thanks erica.. only time will tell if that is true