Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Ok to get there just climb down a rope, crawl down this tunnel that resembles a birth canal.."

That was a direct quote of how to get to the "Sign in" room in the Pepper Sauce Caves on Labor Day. The sad part is that they were not kidding about the birth canal tunnel lol, it was a doozy.

So on Labor a semi-large group of kids from 5th ward, and a Phoenix ward went to the Pepper Sauce Caves, also known as the mud caves, down by Tucson for a little adventure. I had no idea how hard this was actually going to be, but oh boy, I am so incredibly sore today it is a surprise I can function. We got to the caves at around 8am and left around 12ish, covered in mud of course. This was a really fun time, we all were cracking jokes the whole time and it was so neat exploring in these caves. The kids that came from Phoenix were hilarious, and I am really glad I was able to get semi-acquainted with them. I totally did not anticipated how hard it would be to manuever in these caves, but there were times when someone would have to boost you up, people were slipping and falling left and right since it was so wet and slimy, I lost my footing and almost fell to my death (thank goodness Mike caught me). There were a lot of areas where we were pretty much squished into a crevice and inching our way along, or army crawling in really low-ceiling areas, walking through the giant toilet water lake, lol. It sounds pretty gross, but overall it was a good experience and I am really proud of myself for going out of my comfort zone and doing something so out of character, and doing it successfully.


Before



After




1 comment:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

What a oh so wonderful day with you!