Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm going there today!



This week has been an interesting one. One filled with sleeping through alarms, staying up way too late doing homework, working (but not as much as usual thank goodness), and the strange onset of daily headaches and sometimes dizziness. I know that all of these are a result of me overworking myself, but the good news is that my boss told me that he is worried about me and cut my hours to 25 a week. I appreciate that he cares about my well-being enough to know that I needed my hours cut but was too afraid to ask, he even offered to buy me bread to make the sandwiches I bring to work everyday, what a great guy! So, yesterday I was pretty much feeling like the scum of the earth, I don't know why but I just felt worthless. Last night I went to the temple to do baptisms with Jerod and every stress, worry, and insecurity seemed to escape as soon as I walked through the doors. I left feeling overcome with peace, joy, and the confidence that I can make it through these hard times I am having. I love the temple, and am going to going at least once a week from now on, which is what I did all last semester but couldn't find the time this summer and have sorely missed the blessings that come from regular temple work. I got out of class early and don't have any homework today so I am going with Vanie to the temple, it will be her first time going and I am so honored to share the experience with her :)

Love, Madi

3 comments:

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

Miss Madison, you are amazing--beautiful--extraordinary--anything but worthless!!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You should keep that goal to keep going to the Temple. It DOES give you so many blessings and I always leave feelings more at peace and centered with my life when I leave!

I will go with you when ever you want! (That is me looking for an excuse to hang out with you) (hint hint)

Lauren said...

You are so amazing, I have been feeling similar, drained by school and life. The temple is such a great blessing.