Monday, September 29, 2008

My wonderful horrible day :)

Today was wonderful in many ways, yet horrible in a few key instances. Shall we start with the horrible?

1. "MADI, did you know we have an exam in geography today?!" Uh oh. Of course I would neglect my syllabus and thus fail to notice that there was an exam scheduled today. And of course it would occur in the class that I rarely attend as of late. So basically I had only learned about half of the material, had an hour to cram in between classes, and was totally insecure about my ability to do well on this exam. I feel like I had to guess on about half of the test, but I am a pretty good test taker so let's hope I received a miracle today.

2. "Oh crap, where are my car keys?" Yep. During FHE at Golfland tonight, at the end of our round I noticed that my car keys had jumped from my pocket at some point. So Vanie and I had to go on a putt putt scavenger hunt and look for my keys. Thank goodness Vanie is amazing and found them, but boy oh boy was I freaking out for a good fifteen minutes!

Happiness :)

1.My Latter-Day Hymns Institute class was amazing. I love what I learn in that class and I love the discuss we have in there.
2. I had a delicious lunch today of ribs and a baked potato, leftover from last night's birthday dinner at my mom's house.
3. I got to sit and chat with Brother Hofeling today about some scripture questions I had, got to play his beautiful 12-string guitar, and listened to Bro. Hof read a talk to me that punked all single male adults in the church, get em' Bro. Hof, lol.
4. I was able to go run today :) I went before FHE since it seemed really cool out today, but I had to run against the wind the whole time and felt like crap by the time I had finished the two miles from my apartment on Priest to In-N-Out where I get a big delicious glass of water.
5. Unexpected Success in an area that I am surely unskilled at. ;)
6. Driving to FHE with the roommates was fun; singing the hymns at the top of our lungs and laughing and joking the whole way. I am so appreciative of them. I honestly don't think I could be happier living with anyone else (except maybe a super amazing husband one day). They are so selfless and righteous and I really wish I could be a better roommate to them. Sometimes I get crabby after so much school and work and stress, but hopefully I can turn my frown upside down and be nicer.
7. Discovery. For awhile I have been having a hard time getting myself to wind down and fall asleep, but recently I have discovered a sure fire way to knock me out. Everytime I play the acoustic rendition of "Hey Ya" I get soooo sleeping, I even fell asleep sitting in my bed once with my guitar across my lap. This is great because I can finally get to sleep, but bad because I love playing this song but I hate falling asleep in the middle of it.

Life is on the up and up.

Love, Madi

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Keep on truckin lady your amazing! I feel inspired to turn my frown upside down and get on with my day when I read you blog. :-)