Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mmmm summer

I am very excited about this. I went to my grandma's house for mother's day on sunday, and my family was just being so nice to me, saying I look like I lost weight and how grown up I am getting, and they were actually being nice about me being mormon, weird...lol. We were talking about how I am almost 21 and my uncle said that I will be able to drink and gamble and I said well no I won't because I don't do those things and he just said, oh.. well you can definitely still have fun on your birthday without drinking, and my family was just saying fun stuff I could do on my 21st, it was nice that they were finally starting to sound supportive of me. Yay! But the thing I am REALLY excited about is that while I was there I sat down at my grandma's old piano and was just messing around, since the only song I can play is Families Can Be Together Forever, lol, and my grandma came over and said, you know that is yours when you're ready to take it? I was so excited!!! My grandma has officially given me this old piano that belonged to her mom and is just a cool family heirloom, and it is a piano, I won't have to worry about paying a ton of money for a piano once I get my own home, I will just have to refinish this one and get it in good enough condition for my family and I to play. My grandma also started talking about her family and stuff and it was just cool to hear about my ancestors..I really wish I had written down everything she said though so I could use it for family history stuff haha.

These past couple of days have been fun, on sunday I went to my home ward and got to sit with Michael and Natalie and their twin 3 year olds, I love them all to pieces. After the opening prayer in sacrament everyone said amen, and one of the twins yelled AMEN, and started clapping, it was hilarious! I also went to sacrament in the singles branch out there, which happens to consist of like 10 people lol, to hear my friend Caleb give a talk. Yesterday I wanted to really celebrate mother's day without breaking the sabbath so I took her and Alli, my little sister, to see Baby Mama, which was hilarious, I really liked it. Then i stopped by my dad's and ended up falling asleep on the couch for a little bit. Then I went over to Michael and Natalie's to say bye to them and the girls. Around ten I went and saw Ironman with Erica, Ashley M, and their roommate Amanda, and that was also really good! I haven't been to the movies in a long time, yet I enjoyed both the movies I saw yesterday.

Today I am going shopping with Ashley, which is exciting cause I haven't seen her in a few days, that is weird for us since we usually see each other all the time..what am I gonna do this summer with her in Tucson? Oh I am so happy right now, I just cooked my own lunch, and it was good! Anyone who really knows me also knows that I can't cook worth crap, I can bake like no one's business but cooking is another story! So I baked some chicken and steamed some veggies, and it was delicious, I am feeling very proud of myself :)
Love, Madison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you get your grandma's old piano! That's so great! She's probably really happy that she knows that it will be getting some use. :]