Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Obsession? or Investment?

I am going to choose investment. This week I might have went a littttttle bit overboard when I went to the local DI (Desert Industries, secondhand store run by the church) and bought all of these books. BUT I consider it an investment in my acquisition of knowledge and providing a solid library of uplifting books for my posterity :)



1. How to be Totally Miserable by John Bytheway
2. Himnos de Sion (1942 edition of the spanish LDS hymnal)
3. 1980 edition of the spanish triple combination
4. Nuestro Legado (Our Heritage in spanish)
5. Doctrines of Salvation Vol. 1, 1954, by Joseph Fielding Smith
6. Articles of Fatih, 1962, by James E. Talmage
7. A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, 1970, by LeGrand Richards
8. Standing for Something by Gordon B. Hinckley
9. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
10. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
11. Awake, Arise, and Come unto Christ- Talks from the 2008 BYU Women's Conference
12. God Wants a Powerful People by Sheri Dew
13. Way to Be by Gordon B. Hinckley
14. Prayer, 1977, collection of talks by various apostles of the church
15. The Four Arguments by Don Miguel Ruiz

Now if I had bought all of these books full price it would have cost...quite a large chunk of change, I don't want to do the math. BUT since they each book was either $1 or $2, I bought 15 books for the price of one. Can you say high five?

2 comments:

Julie PS said...

LOVE your blog! I will be checking it every so often! I would love to hear about your lists! You are awesome! Miss you!

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love right now! So excited that you're blogging again! Love you lots!