Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Appropriate/Inappropriate Goals

As a missionary I had a companion who I loved dearly. During our thursday weekly planning sessions we were instructed to discuss our "appropriate goals" but because she is hilarious she also suggested that we discuss our inappropriate goals. Don't worry they were PG, like the one I had to push one of the Elders really hard so that he would fall...out of appropriate missionary love of course! The following apply to this upcoming semester:

Appropriate Goals

1. Get straight A's in my classes. I have NEVER gotten straight A's in a college semester, BUT there is a first time for everything right?

2. Be able to run three miles without stopping. Good luck on that one.

3. Do my visiting teaching EVERY month.

4. Call my converts from the mission EVERY month.

5. Get a passport

6. GO TO CLASS, don't ditch/sleep through class like I did before my mission

7. Pay off my credit card :) I usually am reaaaaaallly good about keeping it paid off every month, but I had a rough time financially when I returned home from the mish and am still trying to bounce back, but I'll get there.

8. Have meaningful scripture study everyday.

9. Buy some piece of furniture from a thrift store and refinish it.

Inappropriate Goals (They're not actually inappropriate, just not really goals...more like.. stupid things)

1. Have a jam session with my mission president who happens to play the bass. I don't think he will go for this.

2. REALLY scare someone. At work people enjoy popping out of nowhere and scaring me, because it might be ridiculously easy. I just want to be able to scare someone else just once.

3. Go on a date that is exactly like the lantern scene from Tangled.

4. Embarrass my younger sister in a public setting. That should be cake.

5. A handful of spontaneous road trips.

6. Harry Potter marathon. All 8 of them. No breaks.

7. Some sort of epic battle in my home with my family after sunday dinner...food fight, water balloons, nerf guns, who knows. The possibilities are endless

8. Go dancing with a suave hispanic who whispers sweet spanish nothings in my ear as we salsa/bachata/merengue the night away

9. Pull an amazingly intricate prank on teacher Kara. May or may not involved the moving of large pieces of furniture.



1 comment:

Drew Nichols said...

I want to help with the last one.