Monday, August 8, 2011

It's back. It's new. It's under construction.

When I came home from my mission, approx. four months ago, there were several people who asked if I would be updating my blog again. I didn't want to at first, but have quickly realized that it is really hard to find time to journal and need to document my life in some way, shape or form.

You might be curious about the title, THE LIST BOOK, I don't really fancy it but allow me to explain my plan and perhaps someone can come up with a better title.

All throughout my mission, from my very first transfer until the day that I went home, I carried a small book with me everywhere that I went. It became known as the list book. Why? Because I filled it with lists. Why lists? Because I had very little personal time as a missionary and the list is quick, simple and can be updated as I continue through life. Along with my lists I had random quotes, pictures, reminders, and basically anything else I wanted was in that book. I love that book. So, instead of carrying a book with me, I am just going to put all of my lists, and any other randomness onto my blog. I hope that it entertains.

In honor of my new list book...I am going to make a list of alllll of the lists that are found, in order, in my little red list book from my mission. Perhaps if someone would like for me to expand on what that list entails then I will accept your request and take it under consideration.

1. Husband Qualifications
2. Husband Brownie Points
3. Things I Want to Learn
4. Habits to Bring Home from my Mission
5. My Gifts/Talents
6. Places that I want to Go
7. People to Visit after my Mission
8. Favorite Things
9. When you Train, Remember...
10. Advice from "Dying Missionaries"
*note: dying missionaries are not physically dying, it is a slang term for missionaries who complete their missionary service and are returning home

11. Bucket List
12. Things I Have Learned on my Mission
13. Songs to Look Up
14. Books to Read
15. Things to Watch on the Celestial Big Screen (Moments I would like to re-live, or didn't experience and would like to see)
16. People to Refer to the Missionaries
17. You Tube Videos to See
18. Food I Need to Learn How to Cook
19. Girls' Names
20. Boys' Names
21. Movies to Watch
22. Things to Do with my Kids (When I have them, later later)
23. Things to Do when I am a "normal member" of the church, and not a missionary
24. Favorite Ensign Articles
25. Things to Do for Myself When I am a Mom
26. Things to Do with Hermana Christiensen after the Mission (I wonder who wrote that one in there....)
27. Dr. Lang Proverbs
28. Missionaries to Send Letters to after I go Home
29. Marquees

And, Last of all, is my list that was tucked away at the very back of the book, hidden from anyone who I let read it...

30. The List that Must Not be Named

Or, the Trunky List. A list of allllll of the things that I wanted to do once I returned home from the mission. I know, it's bad, but I didn't start that one until the end of my mission when people started asking me what I would do and I realized that I had no idea. Surprisingly, I have done almost all of the things on that list in the last four months, high five.



2 comments:

Little Squirrel said...

I LOVE, ADORE, ADMIRE, COVET AND DELIGHT IN YOUR BOOK OF LISTS!!! It inspired me to start my own BOOK OF LISTS. I used that wonderful, handmade journal my niece bought in Venice, Italy. I would love to see you publish your lists.

Madison said...

Publish? Haha I don't know about that, who on Earth would buy that thing if they saw it in Barnes and Nobles? But I am so glad that you are still doing your list book! Ii can't wait to come back to Katy and read it sometime soon.