Thursday, March 12, 2009

my mother's irreplacable logic

Today my mother called, oh how I love her. She asked how my break was going and how my mini road trip to flagstaff went. Then she asked if I had seen any more doctors or talked to anymore church officials about my mission, and I said no. Then she launched into the usual "I don't think you should go" discussion, which is my favorite. Here are some of my favorite reasons why my mother thinks I need to stay here.

1. "If you have to fly somehwhere there could be terrorists on the plane that could crash the plane." I told her that could happen if I flew to Illinois to see Grandma, to which she replied, "No, it wouldn't happen then, it just wouldn't"

2. "I can't see you for 18 months, and I might miss something" I then asked her what she might be missing while I was gone and she said, "well....your hair could change color, or you could get obese..." wow, thanks mom.

3. "When you come home you might not like us anymore" I told her that would be impossible and that you are family and I have no choice but to like you. I said that jokingly of course, I really do love my family, and nothing will ever change that.

4. This one was my favorite, and showed true desperation. My mother, who is against the concept of marriage, said "Maybe you should just stay here and get married...at least you would still be here." I told her that if someone wanted to marry me they have until June 28th to express that, because once my papers are in then I am going. Then she said, "Well I will just go find those missionaries and set them up with you." I informed her that missionaries can't date on their missions and she said, "Well..I am sure they know boys who you can marry."

I love my mom to pieces. When it comes down to it she really is supportive of anything I choose to do, she just worries about me like any normal mother would. I am going to miss her the most when I leave.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ba haha!!! i agree with your mom!!! find someone to marry and stay here!!!! but i also support you as well if that doesn't happen lol!! i love you and your mish!!

Lauren said...

That is the cutest things, I love when people try to lead you to a more "logical" decision. Just keep smiling. Your amazing!

Megan Allen said...

p.s random question... have you met an Elder Voreis?? haha he's one of my way good friends and he's serving in the Tempe mission...

Kara Staples said...

Madi! I am SOOoooOOO excited for you. I wanna sit down with you and catch up so bad! And this post had me laughing so hard. Keep your eye on the prize darling!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

There are sacrifices to everything! You will be an amazing missionary! But I have to agree... we all just really want to keep you around too!

Brady & Alexes Brown said...

that is completely adorable :) You are lucky to have such a great mommy