Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Mystery Unfolds

Picture this. I return to my wonderfully noisy apartment at approximately midnight-thirty on saturday night, Saint Valentine's Day, after a night of laughing until my sides were sore with the Hofeling family. I am in the living room exchanging tales of the night's excursions with my roommates when we hear several quick, yet loud, raps at our door, followed by the sound of heavy footfalls upon our stairs. I remained in my seat, slightly fearful of whoever is pounding on my door so late and so unexpected. Addison opened the door, then without explanation, "Madison..come here". I slowly get up from my seat and make my way to the door, wondering what on Earth could be going on. Before my eyes is quite the surprising sight. Scattered on the cement are several colored construction paper hearts, a bundle of tulips, a package of cookies with balloons attached to them that have "Happy Valentine's Day Madison" "From Mr. Valentine" written in marker on them. My first reaction: Ashley and Katie have done this because they pity my single status on this blessed day for couples, yet they seemed just as shocked as I, and Ashley was actually rather upset that the perpetrator had not informed her of the upcoming deed. Next Reaction: Some guy friend of mine must have wanted to make me feel special, which was definitely accomplished, I am still all smiles after this unique treatment. My friends are trying to convince me that I must have a secret admirer, but I am going to assume it was just a friend being kind until this "secret admirer" reveals himself.






This week I will be studying samples of handwriting from all eligible priesthood holders I come into contact with and will be sure to post my findings. The evidence thus far, proving that our culprit is of the male species are as follows:

Handwriting: would have been prettier and curly if by a girl trying to send a romantic message. Handwriting also contains random capitalized letters, and it is well-known that a female would not subject herself to such grammar mistakes.

Cookies: Store-bought, any female would have home made them, no offense boys, the store bought ones taste just fine, but we females like to add our love into that cookie dough before we bake it and serve it to you. Also, the price tag was left on the bottom of the cookies, a female would not have missed this detail.

A substantial reward will be presented to any with information about the perpetrator's secret identity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting is that?!

I'm almost jealous... But you totally deserve something like this. I'm so glad that someone decided to help you remember how loved you are!

Travis Butterfield said...

That's interesting. I got a very similar thing on my doorstep on Valentines day. Two helium balloons, and two things of store-bought cookies. I'm starting to think that someone was just trying to be nice to single people. Dang. And I was hoping I had a real secret admirer. Oh well.