Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm sailing away..

Not much has gone on lately...I have worked 8:30 am to 5pm the last four days, and now I don't work for the next two weeks! I am so excited to finally get a break! I finished another great book, also by Kay Mangum, called When the Bough Breaks, you should read it. I just started reading The Other Side of Heaven and am really enjoying it so far, I just realized that I probably look like the biggest geek for only reading lds books lately, lol, that's ok I am a geek and I enjoy it. I am pretty excited for tomorrow..I am getting my hair cut in the morning, then going to Kathy's wedding reception in the afternoon, and then Ash is staying the night, yay, I have missed her so. Saturday is the big barbeque out in Avondale, I hope everyone comes! I will do my best to make it fun, ha ha, I have never hosted a get together like this so we'll see how I do. In other news...I have felt so totally out of it lately! Maybe it is from lack of sleep or who knows what but I just feel like totally out of character, like I catch myself acting so unlike myself, for example: when I show up to work I paste on my biggest smile, do everything my manager tells me and then some, and always am just bright and bubbly with everyone at work, but this week I feel like I have been really whiney and irritable and just overall cranky. Which is weird because I have nothing to be cranky about! I actually feel really good about just life in general right now, so hopefully now that I realize I am being weird I will make myself cut it out lol. I think I really just need this vacation, on tuesday I leave with my dad and sister to stay in illinois with family for a week, on my grandparent's corn farm to be exact. I cannot wait to sit underneath this big tree in their yard and just feel the breeze on my face, do some reading, and pondering. Just thinking about it give me the goosepimplies lol. Right now the weather there is so nice, I could wear a sweater! So excited! Well, I love you all, goodnight.
Madison

2 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

Oooh. The Other Side of Heaven is a great book. It was originally titled "In the Eye of the Storm." I read that book several years ago. It's so much better than the movie. If you haven't seen the movie, you should - but only AFTER you finish the book!
I'm excited for your barbeque!!

Madison said...

oh i own the movie lol my ex bought it for me when i got baptized. I looooove the movie so I am sure I will looooove the book. I am excited for the barbeque too!