Friday, March 28, 2008

I met a general authority!!!!

Today was wonderful, for the most part. I woke up early and did baptisms at the Mesa temple, and it was just so amazing to walk through the grounds and feel so at peace. It is so beautiful there right now with all the flowers in bloom, I can't even describe how breathtaking it was just walking through the grounds on my way to the baptistry. After that I went to the Institute and listened to Elder Kerr of the Quorum of the Seventy speak, and he was awesome! I really got something from almost everything he said. The coolest part though was that afterwards I was talking to Brother Hofeling and he said he wanted to introduce me to Elder Kerr! So I went over there and Elder Kerr spoke of how great a decision I had made in joining the church and stuff like that, but he also said that I looked like a future Relief Society President! Not quite sure how I feel about that.. I'm thinking I hope it never happens because it seems wicked stressful.


Elder W. Rolfe Kerr


After the whole hooplah at the institute was over, delicious free lunch by the way thanks to the missionaries, I went apartment shopping with Ashley. We were both getting so stressed and cranky, so it was not a fun time at all! But, the good thing is I think we finally found a place to live, we just need to convince some parents to co sign, my padre was definitely not happy about that. I cannot wait for next semester to have an awesome place with my favorite girls! We are gonna make it sooo cool.

Well I am off to work from 5:00 to 2:00 a.m. uggghhhh! If you get hungry for a delicious cheeseburger then come visit me! :)

Love, Madsion

5 comments:

Kathy Hathcock said...

Yay you got one too! GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!? I got my beautiful ring today!!!!!!!

Kathy Hathcock said...

P.S. you would make a great relief society president : )

Kara Staples said...

yes. I agree with Kathy. You would make a great Relief Society President!

I was so sad I had to work during the devotional!

Madison said...

what is wrong with you guys?! There is no way I could handle being RS pres! I can't even handle being VT district leader! I am like the worst!

Travis Butterfield said...

Madison! I'm excited to see that you have a blog!! You're awesome!