Saturday, October 10, 2009

18

Only 18 days until I leave for the MTC! Oh my lanta!!! There are so many thoughts in my head that I can't sleep! Which is why I might as well write them all down while I am awake at 4 am. boo.

1. Are my skirts long enough?! Are they going to send me home because my skirt hemline is an inch above the exact middle of my calf? Am I a bad missionary just because they don't sell long skirts in this desert wasteland?! Let's hope not. At least I have one long skirt, but it's not really a personal favorite. I could never wear it everyday if they MTC people decide that my several-inches-below-the-knee-but-not-quite-mid-calf skirts were just too skimpy for missionary work.

2. Why does my plane ticket departure time not match the departure time located on the airline website? Am I departing at 6:35 or 7:30? Please be 7:30. Heaven knows I am not going to get any sleep the night before. What if I miss my flight? Do I not get to go on my mission? Am I allowed to report but am shunned for tardiness?

3. Do I have enough shots? I keep looking at my immunization record over and over and over. It seems like I have them all...except maybe that booster thing for my HepA. Are they going to make me sit outside until I have been properly vaccinated? Will I look like a terrorist trying to infiltrate the MTC and spread HepA to all of those precious missionaries? Should I be bringing my shot record? Or just the form that came with my call? Do I really just put the dates I received the shots without any magical signatures from an authorized physician? Am I going to look like a loony for not getting any magical signatures?

4. KNEE HIGHS! Why can't I find you? You would think they are a common article of clothing that can be found in most stores. Unless you live in Arizona where all of the universal clothing rules and regulations just melt on the pavement. Blast.

5. Am I supposed to bring my copy of Preach My Gospel? The list says "Do not bring any books not listed above" so technically it should be a no brainer not to bring it, since it is not on the list. But what if it is supposed to be a no brainer to bring your Preach My Gospel on your mission so doy, they don't need to mention it on the super extensive intensive list. "Why is this sister missionary ridiculously unprepared?!" uggghhh.

6. "Backpacks or shoulder bags should be in dark, conservative colors with no apparent logos or insignias." Where on this planet do I find a backpack that doesn't have a logo on it? Blast. Should I just wait to buy one in the MTC? Do I want a normal one or a Camelback? Mmmmm Camelback with its water dispenser conveniently close to my mouth om nom nom. What if water baggie bursts and ruins all of my libro de mormons and scriptural goodness located inside backpack?

7. What can I do for my family before I leave that will help them not be bitter that I can't call them? Should I get one of those tape players dealys so I can send them tapes instead of letters? Can I even fit one of those in my already jam packed suitcase? Would they even use it if I bought them one? Corey says his family enjoyed tapes...for a few months. Too bad my family cares much less about the mission so my success with tape recording rate is significantly lowerrrr.

8. Whyyyyy Cannnnnn't I Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep? Brain, you need to shut off, right now. Ready? GO!

4 comments:

*Hansen's* said...

Don't worry. You can buy alot at the MTC. Cody got a backpack shoulder bag thingy there for way cheaper than you can get here. they have preach my gospel books there, but you can bring your own. You'll be a great missionary. Congradulations! I couldn't be happier for you.

shirley elizabeth said...

The only knee highs I own are my temple ones from the distribution center. You could just use white ones always? I say try walmart. They have everything I'm sure.

Camelbak water bladders won't break. Plus they have lifetime warranties.

When I had a missionary out he bought one of those mini tape recorders and I bought one (like ten bucks) and we mailed the tapes to each other. I no longer have a missionary out and it sits in a box. Do you want the mini tape recorder?

shirley elizabeth said...

I am only typing this comment to say that the word verification letters are "eaters"

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

Yeah, try Walmart for the knee highs...I saw some there today, and Mom and I like the ones by No Nonsense. Seriously, the big day is soso soon!!! I'm going to miss you, but I am so happy and excited for you and will definitely write!!