Sunday, October 18, 2009

10 days

Good news! I am less ohmyheck-why-can't-I-find-long-skirts stressed and more itchin-to-put-on-that-nametag-and-baptize-the-world excited! The only thing that is really concerning me is the mound of clothes, books, nylons, etc. on my bedroom floor that seems to exceed the maximum capticity of my luggage :/ oh boy. I finally bought a backpack!!! YAY! I love it too! It was only like 10 bucks at Wally World, it is grayblackpurple and had a hole for an "insulated bladder", which I also bought for 20 bucks. SO my super hydration/scripture-carrier device has been purchased, and I love it already. Rebecca, I also took your advice and bought a grip of nylons Walmart as well, and let me just say.... me and nylon are going to hate each other for the next year point five. I don't see the point for their existence and they will be the first thing I burn once my mission is over. Although I still could not find anyyyyy long skirts while shopping practically every dadgum day, I expressed this, among other concerns, to Bro. Calton last week and he had his wife sew me a long skirt! I LOVE it! It is Loooooong and gray and has cute little pockets in the front and I wish I had 4 more in different colors because I know it will be mi falda favorita. I think I said "my favorite skirt". I am almost done shopping for the mission! I just need the basics in order to have good hygiene and then I will pack and woooo done! Weeelll not quite. Still have a million people to bid farewell to, finish some family history temple work,overnight camping trip with Addie, play golf with poppa, line dancing saturday?, speak in church, party with familia y amigos, get set apart. Ha ha. At least all of these things will be fun! I seriously have something going on everyday this week, and not to mention work every day!

Well to sum up everything... I love my life! I am so excited that in only 10 days I will be a full-time missionary and will have the opportunity to serve my Father in Heaven's children and to invite them to learn the things that I know to be true, without a doubt. I can't wait to become a better version of me, to be charitable, kind, meek, reverent, organized, goal oriented, loving, bold. Hopefully I can gain access to at least one of those attributes within 18 months.

WOO HOO! Cinco Alto!
Hermana Taets

1 comment:

Katie said...

madi i am SOOOOOO excited for you:) you're gonna be great.