Sunday, May 24, 2009

Avondale

I haven't posted in awhile, but yes, I am back in Avondale, for the first time in two years, and it has been a pretty strange two weeks. I won't lie, it is rough out here, but I know that I will learn a lot from what I experience here, so long as I keep my faith and I just hang on.

So far I have learned...

I hate the drive from Avondale to Tempe for work almost everyday

My Cake Mix Cookies match my potholders (a deep insight from my father)

Summer Nights are perfect, even when I am enjoying them alone

Addison is my best friend, hands down, I have never had someone who was willing to do so much for me

There is an awesome hill on the way to my mom's house, and I can coast on my longboard for an extended period of time

West-side Mormons are quite a bit different than what I am used to

Tivo was created by divine inspiration

Everyone can appreciate a glass, multi-colored fish

I am very stubborn and I think Heavenly Father is teaching me to change, the hard
way

Satan does not want me to serve a mission, but I am going to anyways

I need to learn to stand on my own two feet

This will be quite a summer. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Addison Ricks said...

ahhh presh!!! BFF's FOREVA!!! shashasha! I love that no one ever realised that your oven mits looked like your cookies. Still to this day, I have a good chuckle over it :D

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You think that west side Mormons are different.... Try living in Utah! Ha ha! Hang in there princess!

Katie said...

Oh Madi I love you. And I love love loved this blog post!