Saturday, May 9, 2009

Attitude Change

Yeah yeah yeah so I had myself a little pity party on my last post, BUT good news is...I feel one hundred percent back to normal, yay! The reason why? I went to the temple. I realized I hadnt gone the previous week and that must have been what made me feel like crap all week! So I went twice this week and am back to normal! So, to redeem myself after making that horrible sad list, I am going to list all the things I am EXCITED for!

1. EFY. I was hired to be an EFY counselor for the summer! Although I haven't been able to accept any contracts yet and do not know where exactly I will be working, I am stoked beyond belief. I have never been to an EFY because I was 18 when I was baptized, so I am very excited to get to experience EFY and also to be a mentor for youth in the church. I feel like there are so many things I experienced before I was baptized that kind of give me the credibility in saying that the "strict" rules of the church are really for our own good, and I am so grateful for the commandments.

2. Moving. Now I know that I recently complained about this, but now I am seeing my move in a new light. I am really excited to spend more time with my little sister, she is seriously the coolest kid I know. She is very random like me so I can only imagine all the amazingly random childish things we will do together. I also will get to spend a lot of time with my mom, who is amazing and I love so much. I really hope I will have many opportunities to talk to her about the gospel, and bear my testimony, I have this feeling that I will and that she really needs to hear whatever the Holy Ghost has me say. Another great thing about home is that it is in a relatively safe neighborhood so I can start running again! I have really missed being able to run outside, and I sure could get into better shape!

3. Illinois. So, my whole dad's side of the family lives in a farming community in north western Illinois, about an hour north of Nauvoo, and I only see them once a year, if that much. So, since I will be leaving for a mission this fall, and since my grandparents are reaaaaalllly old, I feel the need to go see my family this summer. My dad doesn't want to organize an official family trip, no surprise there, so my sister, me, and Addison are going to do a cross country road trip to see my family for a week or so. I am not excited for the drive, but I just feel this is something I really need to do before I leave. I love all of my family in Illinois and the beautiful green landscape, so I am way excited!

4. Elder Loper. My beloved friend and fake brother Matt has received his mission call!!! He has been called to serve in the Massachusetts Boston Mission, Haitian Creole speaking! I am so proud of him for how far he has come since his conversion, and for the huge sacrifice he is making to serve a mission. It makes me so much more anxious to get my papers in and receive my call, I can't wait to go! Only like...two more months til I can send in papers and get my call!

I am glad that my happiness has returned in full force. Yay for life!

Love, Madi

2 comments:

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

Congratulations on getting hired for EFY. There were a lot of disappointed people at EA. Sign up for the Flagstaff sessions and then you could meet my amazing friends who are also going to be counselors. I hear it's the coolest job ever :)

Furthermore, kudos to Matt. How exciting.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Let me tell you how much you will love Nauvoo! It is AAAmazing!And really road trips are the best if you plan them out just a tiny bit... make a cool map of all the stops you want to make and you will have a grand adventure!