Monday, April 6, 2009

676 miles later..

I had the most amazing, exhausting weekend ever! I had the awesome opportunity to drive up to Utah with Ashley, Matt, Katie, Abby, Mo, and Addison to see General Conference!

The drive up was not the best. We left around 5 pm in Arizona and got to Bountiful to stay with Abby's Grandparents' home at around 6:00 am. I admit I did not drive the fastest because it was night and I was paranoid about hitting a deer, I counted 8 deer on the side of the road as I drove! I also got pulled over in Page, I was not speeding, it was right after Ash threw a banana peel out the car window so that's what we figured it was, but actually my tail light was out, so no big deal. After the cop left we blasted "Rollout" by Ludacris, and it was hilarious. Once we got to Utah it was snowing and I had never driven in snow before, and you couldn't see the lines on the freeway, so my knuckles were white on the steering wheel for a few hours. We made it there safely, but everyone was definitely in dire need of a nap and I was very stressed out.

After getting some sleep we all got up and went up the street to the Bountiful Temple, which was beautiful, and did baptisms!


Following baptisms we went out to Salt Lake to go shopping at Gateway and then dropped Ashley off in Provo to stay with her friend Lauren. While in Provo we went to the missionary mall and the sister missionary mall and explored. On the way back home we went to Sandy to pick up Elise, who is amazing and I wish she lived in AZ, and we stopped and said hi to one of the elders who was in our ward who recently went home, Eric Irving.

Saturday we didn't quite make it up in time for the morning session of conference, BUT we did go to the afternoon session and got AMAZING seats right in front, thanks to Elder Petit's mom, who was pretty much the coolest.

After conference we were able to explore temple square. I loved just sitting and looking at the temple, it is so beautiful. The visitor's centers were very neat, and I really enjoyed talking to the sister missionaries. I am not sure if I would want to serve a temple square mission, I want to be out proselyting all day every day :).



That night we just partied it up at Abby's grandparents home, they fed all of us plus Elise, Clark, Spencer and Mark a delicious roast beef dinner and then we all watched a movie. Abby's Grandparents are amazing! They were so kind to let us stay in their home, and they fed us dinner everynight and even dropped us off at conference so we wouldn't have to worry about parking! I am extremely grateful for them!
Sunday Morning Ashley, Mo, Addison and I went to conference with the tickets we received from Bishop Matheson. It was a good session, but I think all of us had a hard time staying awake after being up so late. We tried to get into the garden on the rooftop but it was closed :(


This weekend was amazing. I had so much fun with all of my amazing friends and I loved seeing everything in Salt Lake!

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

So I am not going to lie.. I couldn't wait to read this post! I knew you were going up there for the first time and I am so glad you had a blast! Just think now you will also have a place to stay in Park City the next time you head to Utah!

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

Conference was the best!!! I'm so happy you had an amazing time!! :)